In the meantime, you can certainly install the fabric8 plugin into our
jenkins image and use those additional pipeline steps. The openshift
pipeline feature works with any valid jenkinsfile.  We just happen to
include the openshift specific plugin/dsl support in the image we ship.

Ben Parees | OpenShift