Swagger 2.0 (openapi) is a json schema - that will be released for 1.4 but
is retroactively valid for older versions for most endpoints.

We have built tooling around the limitations in swagger 1.2 to perform
validation an explanation - "oc create --validate=true ..." will check the
scheme against your submitted object, and "oc explain pod" / "oc explain
pod.spec" will let you explore the various fields.