If the machine is an i7 it likely only has 4 cores/threads total.  3 VM x 2
cores = 6 cores required.  Also, instead of having 3 VMs with at least one
IO controller and a NIC each, you have 3 VMs sharing 1 IO controller and 1
NIC.  Not as fun as it sounds.

My lab machine is a HP z820 with 32 cores and 128GB of RAM.  When I spin up
a SmartStart style 3x3x3 cluster + 1 bastion host + 1 NFS host (3 masters,
3 infra, 3 app nodes + 2 support hosts), my IO controller can't keep up.  I
might as well be running on some 4 year old cellphone.  Which reminds me, I
need to move those VMs over to the storage attached to my RAID controller.

LOUIS P. SANTILLAN

SENIOR CONSULTANT, OPENSHIFT, MIDDLEWARE & DEVOPS

Red Hat Consulting, NA US WEST <https://www.redhat.com/>

lpsan...@gmail.com    M: 3236334854
<https://red.ht/sig>
TRIED. TESTED. TRUSTED. <https://redhat.com/trusted>