On Sat, Aug 12, 2017 at 11:59 AM, Avesh Agarwal <avaga...@redhat.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 11, 2017 at 2:28 AM, Per Carlson <pe...@hemmop.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi.
>>
>> We are in the process of rebuilding a cluster with a new topology, and
>> I'm trying to fit the node labels to a scheduler policy, and would like to
>> base the policy on the default one.
>>
>> I've searched both the openshift/origin and and
>> openshift/openshift-ansible repos on GitHub without finding any traces of
>> what the default scheduler policy looks like. I can list it in a 3.5
>> cluster, but has things changed in 3.6? (after all, there are some new
>> knobs in 3.6).
>>

> The scheduler default policy in 3.6 is not very different from 3.5. There
> is one new pedicate MaxAzureDiskVolumeCount in 3.6. So you could just reuse
> 3.5 default policy for 3.6 by adding this new predicate to the default
> list.
>

>> ​Throws in a related second question too: Is there any simple way to pass
>> a custom scheduler to the playbook (byo/openshift-cluster/config.yml) at
>> install time?
>>
>> If by custom scheduler you mean custom policy + default scheduler then
you could just pass your custom policy path to PolicyConfigFile argument in
openshift_master_scheduler_args at install time i think.

OTOH, if by custom scheduler you mean some other scheduler implementation
built out of openshift/kubernetes, then I dont think so openshift-ansible
installer can take care of this, and would require some other manual
manipulations to make that work.