On Fri, Aug 18, 2017 at 4:39 AM, Thorvald Hallvardsson <
thorvald.hallvards...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I configured Gitlab webhook for my test pipeline to fire up a build. The
> problem is as soon as I commit something jenkins complains with an error
> below:

To make sure i understand your scenario, you've defined a pipeline
buildconfig in openshift and enabled a gitlab webhook trigger to trigger
the build?  (vs defining a gitlab trigger in jenkins itself).

> OpenShift Build jenkins/nodejs-pipeline-master-3 from
> http://gitlab.os.hr4.local/jenkins/nodejs-ex-1.git
> Checking out git http://gitlab.os.hr4.local/jenkins/nodejs-ex-1.git to
> read Jenkinsfile
>  > git rev-parse --is-inside-work-tree # timeout=10
> Fetching changes from the remote Git repository
>  > git config remote.origin.url http://gitlab.os.hr4.local/
> jenkins/nodejs-ex-1.git # timeout=10
> Fetching upstream changes from http://gitlab.os.hr4.local/
> jenkins/nodejs-ex-1.git
>  > git --version # timeout=10
>  > git fetch --tags --progress http://gitlab.os.hr4.local/
> jenkins/nodejs-ex-1.git +refs/heads/*:refs/remotes/origin/*
>  > git rev-parse null^{commit} # timeout=10
> hudson.plugins.git.GitException: Command "git rev-parse null^{commit}"
> returned status code 128:
> stdout: null^{commit}
>
> stderr: fatal: ambiguous argument 'null^{commit}': unknown revision or
> path not in the working tree.
> Use '--' to separate paths from revisions, like this:
>
> at org.jenkinsci.plugins.gitclient.CliGitAPIImpl.
> launchCommandIn(CliGitAPIImpl.java:1799)
> at org.jenkinsci.plugins.gitclient.CliGitAPIImpl.
> launchCommandIn(CliGitAPIImpl.java:1772)
> at org.jenkinsci.plugins.gitclient.CliGitAPIImpl.
> launchCommandIn(CliGitAPIImpl.java:1768)
> at org.jenkinsci.plugins.gitclient.CliGitAPIImpl.
> launchCommand(CliGitAPIImpl.java:1415)
> at org.jenkinsci.plugins.gitclient.CliGitAPIImpl.
> launchCommand(CliGitAPIImpl.java:1427)
> at org.jenkinsci.plugins.gitclient.CliGitAPIImpl.
> revParse(CliGitAPIImpl.java:686)
> at hudson.plugins.git.GitAPI.revParse(GitAPI.java:316)
> at hudson.plugins.git.RevisionParameterAction.toRevision(
> RevisionParameterAction.java:98)
> at hudson.plugins.git.GitSCM.determineRevisionToBuild(GitSCM.java:991)
> at hudson.plugins.git.GitSCM.checkout(GitSCM.java:1108)
> at org.jenkinsci.plugins.workflow.steps.scm.SCMStep.
> checkout(SCMStep.java:109)
> at org.jenkinsci.plugins.workflow.cps.CpsScmFlowDefinition.create(
> CpsScmFlowDefinition.java:130)
> at org.jenkinsci.plugins.workflow.cps.CpsScmFlowDefinition.create(
> CpsScmFlowDefinition.java:59)
> at org.jenkinsci.plugins.workflow.job.WorkflowRun.run(
> WorkflowRun.java:232)
> at hudson.model.ResourceController.execute(ResourceController.java:97)
> at hudson.model.Executor.run(Executor.java:405)
> Finished: FAILURE
>
> It works when I take generic webhook URL however it engages a build
> regardless of which branch I'm commiting the change to - which is no ideal.
>
> Any ideas why commit number in the code above is null ?

can you share the build json associated w/ the build that was kicked off by
the webhook trigger?

also what version of the openshift sync plugin are you running and what
version is your openshift cluster?

> Thanks
> TH

Ben Parees | OpenShift