I guess that you are using Origin on CentOS or Fedora.
When you use OCP, you need to register subscription manager on RHEL7
and it is only available with RHEL 7. So, you are supposed to have to
start installing RHEL7 and deploy OCP cluster.

If you are using Origin on RHEL7, I agree with Clayton's comment, but
I believe that most Origin users are running on CentOS/Fedora.

On Thu, Aug 24, 2017 at 6:23 AM, Clayton Coleman <ccole...@redhat.com>
wrote:

> I suspect that changing deployment type will hit issues on upgrade.
> In particular, systemd service names may change on nodes and masters
> and not get cleaned up.  I'm not sure what other subtle issues would
> be hit.
>
> > On Aug 23, 2017, at 4:26 PM, Lionel Orellana <lione...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > I have an Origin 1.5 cluster. We now bought licenses for OCP. It is
> tempting to simply change the deployment type in the inventory file and
> upgrade to 3.6. Sounds like a bad idea. Is it?
> >
> > Cheers
> >
> > Lionel.

Kenjiro NAKAYAMA <nakayamakenj...@gmail.com>
GPG Key fingerprint = ED8F 049D E67A 727D 9A44  8E25 F44B E208 C946 5EB9