I agree that it looks like a bug that is Ubuntu-specific. Most of the users
don't run OpenShift on Ubuntu, so bugs are possible. It could be related to
SELinux, for example.

If I were you, I'd try to compare the output of the command oc get pod
cotd-xxx -o yaml on Ubuntu and under Mac. If there won't be some suspicious
differences, then you need to debug deeply. I'd start from checking under
which user a container is running, which privileges it has, what
permissions a file has and so on. I woudn't surprise if it will be a bug in
Kubernetes or Docker itself.

--
Slava Semushin | OpenShift