With some help from the list I've come to the following solution which
should work according to documentation (but doesnt).

First, I've configured my oc cluster up with persistent configuration and
data

oc cluster up
--host-data-dir=c:/Temp/openshift/data--host-config-dir=c:/Temp/openshift/config

After the initial config is written I can edit the master-config.yaml and
subsequent runs will use the existing config

oc cluster up --host-data-dir=c:/Temp/openshift/data
--host-config-dir=c:/Temp/openshift/config --use-existing-config=true

In order to point the preconfigured imagestreams to our private insecure
registry I need to edit the imagesream yaml files within the webconsole.
First I need to set an annotation for the imagestream allowing insecure
repository as described here
https://docs.openshift.org/latest/dev_guide/managing_images.html#insecure-registries
With that in place I want to point the Docker reference to our registry
which fails due to a whitelist error as described earlier.

Now comes the master-config.yaml. There you can configure
allowed-registries-for-import as described here
https://docs.openshift.com/container-platform/3.9/admin_guide/image_policy.html

So I've changed the config like this

imagePolicyConfig:
  allowedRegistriesForImport:
  - domainName: *:*
    insecure: true
  - domainName: *:*
    insecure: false
  disableScheduledImport: false
  maxImagesBulkImportedPerRepository: 5
  maxScheduledImageImportsPerMinute: 60
  scheduledImageImportMinimumIntervalSeconds: 900

This allowes all hosts and ports. After a restart I still get the same
result:
Reason: ImageStream "jenkins" is invalid: spec.tags[2].from.name:
Forbidden: registry "docker.sdvrz.de:5000" not allowed by whitelist:
"172.30.1.1:5000", "docker.io:443", "*.docker.io:443", "*.redhat.com:443",
and 5 more ...
Of course I've tried less dramatic options without wildcard.

I am running out of options. Where can I find this whitelist? :-)

regards
Marc