On 08/16/2018 05:42 AM, Aleksandar Lazic wrote:
Am 16.08.2018 um 12:48 schrieb Aleksandar Kostadinov:
Might be real nice to allow pod to request sockets created where different log
streams can be sent to central logging without extra containers in the pod.
You can run socklog/fluentbit/... in the background to handle the logging and
your app logs to this socket.

So you would need to configure your app to log to a socket instead of a log file?
Where does socklog write the logs?  Who reads from that destination?

Something similar as I have done it in my haproxy image.

https://gitlab.com/aleks001/haproxy18-centos/blob/master/containerfiles/container-entrypoint.sh#L92-93

###
echo "starting socklog"
/usr/local/bin/socklog unix /tmp/haproxy_syslog &
###

Regards
Aleks