I’m doing pretty-much the same thing. Prior to “prerequisites” I run the
following play:

- hosts: nodes
  become: yes

  tasks:

  - name: Install origin39 repo
    yum:
      name: centos-release-openshift-origin39
      state: present

The 3.9 repo appears in /etc/yum.repos.d/ but, after the prerequisites, so does
"CentOS-OpenShift-Origin.repo” and the main “deploy_cluster.yml” fails again.
The only way through this for me to add “package_version” to
“openshift_disable_check”.

Alan Christie
achris...@informaticsmatters.com