Hi Dharmit,

What you're experiencing looks a lot like a problem I had with the upgrade. I ended up doing a fresh install.

I've tried fiddling around with the ansible config and as I was trying to get my head about what was happening I discovered an issue about node names. With this reply from Michael Gugino that shed some light on the matter: https://github.com/openshift/openshift-ansible/issues/9935#issuecomment-423268110

Basically my problem was that the upgrade playbook of OKD 3.10 expected that the node names from the previously isntalled version be the short name versions and not the FQDN.

I guess I was precisely in your position and I really didn't know what else to try except doing a fresh install. I have no idea if there is a way of changing node names of a running cluster. Maybe someone who knows more about the internals could be of help in this respect...

Since I see your installation is also a fresh one, maybe it would worth uninstalling 3.9 and installing the 3.10. Or maybe have a try at the newest 3.11.

Hope it helps,

Dan