Dear Clayton,

Thank you very much for your insight and many details about the upcoming
version 4.0 of OKD. Based on your mail it sounds nearly too good to be true.

As an ops having played around with OKD 3.10 and 3.11 on CentOS 7 I would like
to emphasize on the following negative points I have mainly seen with the
aforementioned version of OKD and hope very much these can be improved in 4.0:

- Changing a single parameter of the cluster requires running again the whole
ansible deployment which in my case with a small cluster of 3 nodes takes over
20 minutes. This is frustrating and annoying.

- Upgrading from OKD 3.10 to 3.11 was a big pain as it first failed due to
version incompatibilities of ansible on CentOS 7 then because of other timeout
issues which can be workaround with ugly hacks, etc. I think it took me a few
days or even weeks with the help of the mailing list and github issues to
finally manage to upgrade successfully. This is IMHO unacceptable from a
security standpoint. As you mention in your mail upgrades should be painless
and straightforward.

- Finally there is a LOT of documentation available for OKD which is great but
in my case with the two main issues I mention above there is no clear
documentation or guides helping much. At best one can find different upgrade
scenarios which is quite confusing. For instance I still don't understand or
found out what is the correct procedure with ansible to keep OKD 3.11 (or 3.10)
to it's latest patch level, especially in terms of security patches.

This is my standpoint and opinion as an ops guy operating OKD also I must be
honest I am only playing with OKD since 1 year now so don't have too much
experience.

But again if I understand correctly and based on your mail below these issues
should be addressed in OKD 4.0 so I am really looking forward to trying it out
and will make my life as an ops easier. So thank you again so much for the
effort.

Best regards,
Mabi