Trevor,

    I don't follow you. You are talking about GCP compute machines - right?
I went with the default install-config.yaml and there were 3 worker nodes
and 3 master node. See the snippet, below from the config file:

compute:
- hyperthreading: Enabled
  name: worker
  platform: {}
  replicas: 3
controlPlane:
  hyperthreading: Enabled
  name: master
  platform: {}
  replicas: 3

    I did observe them being up and running. And without any such machines
being available, I don't think my install would have reached 99%, so you
probably meant something else when you said "....you have no compute
machines associated with your cluster". If I'm looking in the wrong
direction, please point me in the right direction.

Regards,
Marvin