On Oct 28, 2019, at 8:07 PM, Joel Pearson <japear...@agiledigital.com.au>
wrote:

> Maybe must-gather could be included in the release manifest so that it's
> available in disconnected environments by default?
> It is:
>   $ oc adm release info --image-for=must-gather
> quay.io/openshift-release-dev/ocp-release:4.2.0
>
> quay.io/openshift-release-dev/ocp-v4.0-art-dev@sha256:34ff29512304f77b0ab70ea6850e7f8295a4d19e497ab690ea5102a7044ea993
> If your 'oc adm must-gather' is reaching out to Quay, instead of
> hitting your mirror, it may be because your samples operator has yet
> to get the mirrored must-gather ImageStream set up.

It looks like image streams don't honor the imageContentSources mirror, and
try to reach out to the internet.

I had a look at the openshift/must-gather image stream and there was an
error saying:

Internal error occurred: Get https://quay.io/v2: dial tcp: lookup quay.io
on 172.30.0.10:53 server misbehaving

Running "oc adm must-gather --image
quay.io/openshift-release-dev/ocp-v4.0-art-dev@sha256:34ff29512304f77b0ab70ea6850e7f8295a4d19e497ab690ea5102a7044ea993"
actually worked.

That (un)available typo should be fixed in master by [1], but looks
> like that hasn't been backported to 4.2.z.  But look for the
> machine-config daemon that is unready (possibly by listing Pods), and
> see why it's not going ready.

Turns out that all of the machine-config daemon's are ready (I can see 7 of
them all marked as ready). But the machine-config operator just doesn't
appear to be trying anymore.

It's listed as Available=False Progressing=False and Degraded=True.

I tried deleting the operator pod in the hope that it'd kickstart
something, but it didn't seem to help.

I noticed a message right up the top saying:
event.go:247] Could not construct reference to: '&v1.ConfigMap...' Will not
report event 'Normal' 'LeaderElection' 'machine-config-operator-5f47...
become leader'

The pod that I deleted had that same message too, is this a red herring?

I have must-gather logs now, except that it will probably be complicated to
get them off this air-gapped system.  Are there any pointers about where I
should look to find out why it's no longer progressing? Can I make the
operator try again somehow?

I also noticed that the dns operator is marked available, but there is a
degraded status saying that "Not all desired DNS DaemonSets available"
however, they are all available.

Almost always means a node is broken / blocked / unable to schedule pods,
which prevents DNS from deploying.

--
Kind Regards,

Joel Pearson
Agile Digital | Senior Software Consultant

Love Your Softwareâ„¢ | ABN 98 106 361 273
p: 1300 858 277 | m: 0405 417 843 <0405417843> | w: agiledigital.com.au