I thought that I was having a problem with my 4.3 test cluster (turns
out to be operator error) and was gathering the must-gather and came
into a problem there. In a disconnected cluster, getting the image for
a must-gather doesn't take into account the icsp (looks like the image
it tries to get isn't covered by the installer icsp?)

Looking into it further, it seems more fundamentally that imagestreams
don't obey the cluster CA trust? I put an additionalTrustBundle in the
install-config.yaml and the cluster installed fine, and it looks like
it tries to pull the local registry into the imagestream but doesn't
because the CA isn't trusted?

jstanley@localhost ocp-local]$ oc -n openshift describe is/must-gather
Name:                   must-gather
Namespace:              openshift
Created:                3 hours ago
Labels:                 <none>
Annotations:            <none>
Image Repository:       <none>
Image Lookup:           local=false
Unique Images:          0
Tags:                   1

latest
  updates automatically from registry
quay.io/openshift-release-dev/ocp-v4.0-art-dev@sha256:b91dba68e6d6df556550855922e06fc52e185cc7ac0388e0c4dc3955c8601ca2

  ! error: Import failed (InternalError): Internal error occurred:
[registry.test:5000/ocp4/openshift4@sha256:b91dba68e6d6df556550855922e06fc52e185cc7ac0388e0c4dc3955c8601ca2:
Get https://registry.test:5000/v2/: x509: certificate signed by
unknown authority,
quay.io/openshift-release-dev/ocp-v4.0-art-dev@sha256:b91dba68e6d6df556550855922e06fc52e185cc7ac0388e0c4dc3955c8601ca2:
Get https://quay.io/v2/: dial tcp 3.230.48.144:443: i/o timeout]
      3 hours ago

Since the imagestream was a no-go, it seems that it falls back on a
hardcoded image for the must-gather? You can override the image and it
works fine if you do (but then you have to know what the image is!!).

Not sure what if anything can be done here.

[jstanley@localhost ocp-local]$ oc adm must-gather
[must-gather      ] OUT unable to resolve the imagestream tag
openshift/must-gather:latest
[must-gather      ] OUT
[must-gather      ] OUT Using must-gather plugin-in image:
quay.io/openshift/origin-must-gather:latest
[must-gather      ] OUT namespace/openshift-must-gather-9t68j created
[must-gather      ] OUT
clusterrolebinding.rbac.authorization.k8s.io/must-gather-t5v5c created
[must-gather      ] OUT pod for plug-in image
quay.io/openshift/origin-must-gather:latest created
[must-gather-rsvxn] OUT gather did not start: unable to pull image:
ErrImagePull: rpc error: code = Unknown desc = error pinging docker
registry quay.io: Get https://quay.io/v2/: dial tcp 3.230.48.144:443:
connect: no route to host
[must-gather      ] OUT
clusterrolebinding.rbac.authorization.k8s.io/must-gather-t5v5c deleted
[must-gather      ] OUT namespace/openshift-must-gather-9t68j deleted
error: gather did not start for pod must-gather-rsvxn: unable to pull