It looks like the proxy protocol is only supported on AWS. Maybe you should
create a Bugzilla ticket requesting support for the proxy protocol in a
general way? I will most likely need this myself in the future too.

https://github.com/openshift/cluster-ingress-operator/blob/d4593e0dfed867465648737b29abee872c2429b2/pkg/operator/controller/ingress/deployment.go#L253-L259