After almost 7 months from the last major release (1.5.0), OpenSIPS evolves
with a new major release, 1.6.0.

*OpenSIPS 1.6.0* comes with several critical improvements (DB area, dialog
support), but also with new functionalities
(like memchaced support, B2Bua implementation, virtual DB  URLs, STUN server,
JSON support, new AAA/RADIUS interface, etc).

A complete compilation with all the additions and improvements for *OpenSIPS
1.6.0 *release is available under:
    http://www.opensips.org/Main/Ver160

Many thanks to all the people who got involved in this release (and in the
overall OpenSIPS project) and contributed with code, with testing and debuging,
with patches or reports, with support on the lists, help with packaging and
documentation.
I will avoid listing names, not because they do not deserve it, but simply
because it will impossible to list list everybody here and I do not what to be
unfair with some of them (because I simply forgot a name or because of the
limited space).

But nevertheless, I want to thanks you all for out great job and not in my
behalf, but in the behalf of people who will find this piece of software a
useful tool.

The full Changelog is available  here:
     http://opensips.org/pub/opensips/1.6.0/src/ChangeLog

To get the *OpenSIPS 1.6.0* version, see :

    * website page: http://www.opensips.org/Resources/Downloads

    * SF project:
https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=232389&package_id=281827&release_id=670379

Note that for the moment only the source tarballs are available. The packages
(debs,rpms, etc) will be generated starting now. If anybody can help in
generating packages for different distros or architectures, please let me know
and I will upload them on the website.

Best regards,
Bogdan