I am configuring high-availability with heart-beat + LVS + ldirector

I do not want to load balance but mostly make sure it will fail over quickly, I
have found situation where the in LVS (UDP/TCP) connection never timeout when
the remote IP send periodic OPTIONS request for example.

I beleive I will have to set very low UDP/TCP time-out, however  with such a
low time-out I can not load-balance so I will use weighted Round-Robin with
very high priority 65535 on the active one and weith 1 on the passive server.

Any other suggested way to cluster without load-balancing ?