Hi all,

The plan is to put on the roll the preparing of a new major release for opensips, to incorporate all the new things that were added : - RTP timeout notification in nathlper (via rtpproxy) with dialog termination
    - better error handling for RTPproxy failover
    - dialog enhancement (dialog fixing, in-dialog pinging)
    - Event interface (datagram support)
    - registrant module
    - B2B module - internal API and DB persistence for restarts.
    - presence enhancement

We still have on the roll some work (to be finished in the next week) like:
    - avp auto aliasing (drop the i: and s: naming)
    - multi-insert in DB ops (for acc, siptrace, location).

The new release will be generated from trunk and a new branch will be created for it. In the next days we will compile a detailed and complete list of new things in opensips 1.7.

We also want to change a bit the release policy: after first level of testing, a beta release (release candidate) will be made public ; this code is intended to be used and tested "as final version" - eventual bugs will be fixed, opening the way for the final stable release.
This is to improve the quality and stability of the stable release.

I will be glad to get feedback on :
    - what code/functionality is missing and should be in 1.7
    - the new release policy.

Best regards,
Bogdan

OpenSIPS eBootcamp - 2nd of May 2011