Liviu,
Could it be that opensips is installed in /usr/local and is therefore using db_url from /usr/local/etc/opensips.cfg ? It's my best guess.

On 10.06.2011 15:22, Barsan Liviu wrote:
Hello,

We re-installed from sources the OpenSIPs server to Debian and copied
back to /etc/opensips the configuration files saved from the previous
working OpenSIPs.
When I start the server with opensips start then we receive the error in
the log:

Jun 10 18:03:12 P4302 opensips[18307]: ERROR:db_mysql:db_mysql_connect:
driver error(1045): Access denied for user 'opensips'@'localhost' (using
password: YES)
Jun 10 18:03:12 P4302 opensips[18307]:
ERROR:db_mysql:db_mysql_new_connection: initial connect failed
Jun 10 18:03:12 P4302 opensips[18307]: ERROR:core:db_do_init: could not
add connection to the pool

For sure we do not have db_url in opensips.cfg or other files which
contains username 'opensips'.
Checked and from command line we can connect from mysql with the
credentials we set in opensips.cfg.

To be sure we put back the initial opensips.cfg comming with the
sources, changed the db credentials to ours and still receive this error.

Do you have any suggestion?

Thanks,
Liviu

--