For your first question would this work?
http://www.ag-projects.com/projects-products-96/535-call-control

For your second question I hear that SEMS has better performance than Asterisk or Freeswitch, but I think you have to put a lot of work into it because it isn't as easy to work with as Asterisk.
http://www.iptel.org/sems

If you can't figure SEMS out then maybe your best bet for an IVR that can handle 1000 calls would be Asterisk Clustering.