Hello,

OpenSIPS will automatically try NAPTR/SRV (of course, depending on the URI form - like port must be unknown in order to go for SRV lookup).

If I got it right, your hackish DNS configuration may work - using the same name for the SRV and for the A record - it should not be any conflict at all - phones with SRV capabilities will go via SRV, the ones without will do A lookup (in both cases on the same domain name).

OpenSIPS Founder and Developer
http://www.opensips-solutions.com