Hi Alex,

Not, it is not, and this is in purpose - there were several community discussion around it and the conclusion was that the function is "a bit" of a hack. Either you "leave" with the lumps, either you do real-time changes. But controlling at script level when and what changes to be push to the buffer is not really consistent. There are several "hacks" to go around the need of applying the lumps - so far I managed to trick it each time. For OpenSIPS 3.x we have on the roadmap the discarding of lumps (completely) - this optimization was good with the primitive scripts and ops like 15 years ago, but now it is more difficult and time consuming to deal with lumps, rather than applying changes in realtime.

OpenSIPS Founder and Developer
http://www.opensips-solutions.com