Thank you for explanation.

volga629

On Fri, Jun 8, 2018 at 6:34 AM, Liviu Chircu <li...@opensips.org> wrote:
First of all: mid-registrar + clustering is still uncharted territory, I haven't done any testing yet with this setup.

Disclaimer aside, this setup should somewhat work:

* [CORRECT] mid-registrar saved contacts should propagate through the cluster just like with registrar. They will contain the short lifetime of the UAC side, not the longer lifetime shown to the backend registrar * [CORRECT] throttled contact updates should propagate through the cluster just like with registrar (although we absorb the REGISTER, we instruct other nodes to update their cache, so they don't delete the contact prematurely) * [INCORRECT] the mid-registrar semantics (specific fields) are not getting replicated to other nodes. If you fail over to another mid-registrar within the cluster, you won't be able to throttle contacts anymore. In fact, you should see something like:

ERROR:'last_reg_ts' key not found!

, and the handling for the "inherited" REGISTER traffic would completely fail.

To sum up: this setup should "kinda" work, but it's not going to be fully useful unless we fix it. Replicating the "kv_store" should not be complicated at all (actually, it seems to be a 50-line patch at most), but it will require the usual bit of testing / fiddling around until all corner-cases are covered.

We've not had requests for this feature up until now, but I've logged it on GitHub, so we can start a discussion [1]

Best regards,

[1]: https://github.com/OpenSIPS/opensips/issues/1379

Liviu Chircu
OpenSIPS Developer