On 6/12/20 7:08 PM, Calvin Ellison wrote:

I don't disagree that there is a physical limit to what any hardware can achieve. However, there was a dramatic difference between the default setting and the increased setting.
I do: the default setting leaves packets beyond the depth of the queue dropped, which, in the case of SIP requests and some responses, causes them to be retransmitted, which creates a positive feedback loop. Letting them stack up allows more of them to be attended to eventually, reducing that dynamic.

But telling the OS network stack to hold more packets because you can't process them fast enough isn't a solution to the problem of not processing them fast enough. You're infinitely better off just processing them faster.

-- Alex

Tel: +1-706-510-6800 / +1-800-250-5920 (toll-free)