>Eduardo: you may want to rehearse the theory of critical points, such as
>explained in many solid-state texts, my favorite one (at least in this field)
>still being Bassani and Pastori Parravicini's. SB
Stefano,
Thank you. You are right if the system is 2D, but in this case it is
quasi-1D. The 1-D Van Hove singularitu is appreciated in the large
energy scale of the
plot between -6 and -4 eV.

Maybe the steps in the low energy scale reveal that a quasi-1D system
with a finite k-point sampling is an effective bi-dimensionality with
a smaller energy scale, with as many bands as k-points. I do not think
that you are meaning that,
as k-points sampling is not a matter of solid state textbooks.

Thanks, and nice weekend
Eduardo