Hello all,

I'm a beginning user of Quantum Espresso (version 5.1.2) and I'm currently
studying cubic KNbO3. To that end, I've been running self-consistent plane-wave
calculations and I've been trying to compare them with some of the work of my
predecessor who ran these same kinds of calculations (on QE version 4.2.1).
However, using the same input file and pseudo potentials I find differences in
the total energy reported. The differences are on the order of about 1 Rydberg.
My predecessor compiled the parallel version of QE whereas I have been running
the serial version. I was wondering if differences of this magnitude are to be
expected (perhaps due to some difference between the versions and/or serial vs.
parallel execution) or if they signal something might be wrong with my
calculations.

If any one might have ideas about how these differences arise or other
calculations I might be able to do to pin down what might be going on I would
be very grateful to hear them. Thank you in advance for any help.

Best regards,

Eric Suter

University of Georgia

Physics department