Hey,

I've tried to calculate the lattice parameter of silicon using the HSE hybrid
in qe, however, when I do a number of scf simulations at various lattice
parameters, the value I get which minimises the total energy is 10.22500 Ry,
however, the stress value for this simulation is actually extremely high, -5.44
kbar. Infact, I find that the lowest stress value is either 10.20 (1.60 kbar),
this is still a high stress. Could anybody help explain this, or if they have
encountered the same thing? Has the HSE been properly implemented within
espresso?

Galvin,
PhD student,
University College London