Dear Matej Hus,

Adding to the previous comments (I think that it is ok to use the k points, even though you might gain some CPU time by first indeed using Gamma-only and then increasing, as your cell is quite large), have you checked the length of your vacuum/lattice vector along the surface normal? If I see correctly, you have only about six Ångströms, which is already very (too) little, plus the DFT-D2 (Grimme-D2) adds quite strong an interaction through the vacuum at such distances I believe, plus the dipole correction...

    Greetings from Peaceful Montrouge/France,

       apsi

PS My personal opinion of the vdW-DF* is, yes, they might be better, but first check the literature about a "suitable empirical choice of the particular mixture" of the functional, as some of the choices give quite large lattice constants already (4-5 % larger than experimental, which, of course, is not necessarily the target, rather a good adsorption geometry and energy). And often the best agreement is found by tuning the exchange functional, which naturally should have not nothing to do with the vdW/London dispersion, which is pure correlation... So much about "ab initio". ;) The good news of the day is that it seems that seldomly things seem to go completely wrong, no matter which choice of the vdW-DF* you take, but still, I would study a bit the literature first. If any one has a reference for a good review on the vdW-DF* et co applied to surfaces and adsorption, I would also be very thankful! :)

  Ari Paavo Seitsonen / ari.p.seitso...@iki.fi / http://www.iki.fi/~apsi/
  Ecole Normale Supérieure (ENS), Département de Chimie, Paris
  Mobile (F) : +33 789 37 24 25    (CH) : +41 79 71 90 935