Hi All,
I have few questions regarding CUDA support of Quantum ESPRESSO (QE), as we are
planning to procure a server. And one of the configurations we are looking into
has dual Intel Xeon cpu's and four nvidia's graphic cards, similar to
this:http://www.thinkmate.com/system/gpx-xt4-2160v3-titan
The questions regarding the QE are:
1. Does it support the gaming graphics cards like GTX 980ti or GTX TitanX, from
support is continued? As Mr. Filippo that informed that he will find a way to
stop the use of gaming cards. As the biggest reason we are interested in gaming
cards is we could buy four gaming graphics cards for the price of one Tesla K40
and there are server configurations supporting them (GTX TitanX).
2. Can QE run in multiple GPU (i.e. in SLI) for the above mentioned
configuration?3. Or we should go for complete CPU solution, as per Mr. Axel
Kohlmeyer advice on some of the forum threads?
4. We are also looking in to Xeon Phi Co-processor cards, are these cards well
supported?5. I know that CUDA is nvida's platform but is it possible to run
Quantum ESPRESSO on AMD's platform (i.e on AMD APU series
processors)?Regards,Ghadiyali Mohammed Kader,Ph.D Schlor,Physics
Department,University of Mumbai.