Hi Tao,

Your problem seems rather related to the operation system.

Are you using Linux or Windows?

If you are using Linux and Intel CPUs then you need to install the Intel MPI library and make sure that you load the MPI environmental variable before you run pw.x. Please baidu it.

If the MPI library is loaded, run it as "mpirun -np 8 ./pw.x <input> out" to use all the cores.

Rolly