Dear Chris,

adding to my last reply: in the end, it all, of course, depends on what
you want to simulate. If you're aiming for a charged species on a surface
then assume_isolated='2D' might be wrong if you don't increase the slab
(mimicking the surface of a bulk material) such that the electric field
at the bottom does not influence the top. It might be worth to also look
at my implementation of a gate setup (gate=.true.) or to wait till the
author of assume_isolated='2D', Thibault Sohier, releases his implementation
including the gate setup. Gate? Maybe check this paper to see why this
could be useful:

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0169433218315022

As I said, it all depends on the situation you want to simulate. But a
flat potential with the same absolute value on both sides of the system
is rarely correct for a charged system.

Regards

Thomas

Zitat von Christoph Wolf <wolf.christoph@qns.science>:

Dear Thomas,

I played a bit with "assume_isolated='2D'" but I do not think that this can
correct the electrostatic potential of charged sytems (in the sense that
the potential becomes "flat") unless I am interpreting the output
(attached) wrong.

One way that gives me a flat vacuum potential is to use the M-P scheme but
that only works for cubic systems. After reading about the implementation
in VASP a bit I also think that is what they recommend.

Best,
Chris

On Thu, Jun 28, 2018 at 7:04 PM, Dr. Thomas Brumme <