Hi Siebe,
As far as I could infer from the guide alone, that seems to be true. However, I don't understand from the documentation how the A tag is then used if the CELL_PARAMETERS section is provided. From the examples I have tried out, the A tag seems to be simply incompatible with CELL_PARAMETERS as the error persists.

you should use "alat" units with the CELL_PARAMETERS card, then,

https://www.quantum-espresso.org/Doc/INPUT_PW.html#idm1133

&SYSTEM

  A  = 5.0

/

CELL_PARAMETERS alat

1.0 0.0 0.0

0.0 1.0 0.0

0.0 0.0 1.0

would correspond to a box with an side length of 5 \AA , changing A in this case results in cells of different dimensions (btw, alat stands of "a lattice parameter")

Hope this help in any way,

Best Regards,

Matic

--
Matic Poberznik
J. Stefan Institute, Jamova 39, Ljubljana, Slovenia