Hi Andrew

one easy way to get the wavefunctions in text format --but are you really sure that you want to do it ?-- is to compile pw <http://www.quantum-espresso.org/Doc/user_guide/node11.html#SECTION00034050000000000000> with the support for hdf5  , there will be and hdf5 file for each k-point, and you can convert them to text format  format using the  h5dump program.

h5dum -d evc prefix<k-index>.hdf5

it will printout a 2 dimensional dataset ( the first index C convention in the band index, the other one is the plane wave index)
I hope it helps
Pietro