I do not think Hubbard corrections are the problem here. A scf calculation contains several self-consistency iterations, each of which is less expensive than a similar non-scf calculations (either because strict convergence is not needed at the beginning of the scf procedure, or because the previous step is a good starting point for iterative diagonalization). So in the end a non-scf calculation may turn out take ano more time than a scf one, unless one computes many more bands in the former than in the latter

Paolo