Hi

I had extended my CASTEP Windows build manual by Quantum Espresso chapters, so it works now for both codes ... The manual is designed for total beginners with code compilation (a lot of screen-shots) ...
You can download it as PDF from this link:

https://ulozto.cz/tamhle/uJrACumzRbe3#!ZGp3ZQR2ZwEwLJH5AJZ3BTZ1AzZmAmAyLyWFJyEwAyt5nmEuZj==

Use the turtle icon for free non protected download ...

I was unfortunately (trying very hard) not able to make a stable QE 7.1 parallel build (OpenMP nor MPI) after a lot of work and experiments. OpenMP works with older QE sources, MPI gives the same error with all QE versions ...
So only serial version works for QE 7.1
The HOWTO mentions how to reproduce the OpenMP and MPI QE crashes ....

Michal Husak

UCT Prague