Dear users,

I am trying to run pw.x in a cluster (centos) that requires loading three
modules: intel, impi, and quantum-espresso. Now, I am getting an error saying:
`pw.x: error while loading shared libraries: libfftw3.so.3: cannot open shared
object file: No such file or directory`. According to the instruction I find in
QE troubleshooting guide, I added the `export
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/lib64:"$LD_LIBRARY_PATH"` line in my script because
libfftw3.so.3 exists in `/lib64/`. However, it still gives the same error.

So, I ran a `ldd pw.x` command to check what happened, and I saw that:
... (truncated )
libmkl_scalapack_ilp64.so =>
/opt/intel/compilers_and_libraries_2019.4.243/linux/mkl/lib/intel64_lin/libmkl_scalapack_ilp64.so
 (0x00007fe15c6ea000)
libfftw3.so.3 => Not found
... (truncated)

That means only libfftw3.so.3 is not linked. When I checked the value of
$LD_LIBRARY_PATH, it successfully added the `/lib64` part but still I get the
same error. What could be the reason for this error? Do I need to recompile QE?
The version of QE running is 6.4.1. Thanks.

Sincerely,
Abdul Muhaymin
Undergraduate – Bilkent University