Da: users <users-boun...@lists.quantum-espresso.org> per conto di zhouchao via
users <users@lists.quantum-espresso.org>
Inviato: mercoled?? 29 novembre 2023 15:02:23
A: users
Oggetto: [QE-users] the units of the phonon linewidth

Dear Quantum ESPRESSO Experts,

I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to seek clarification on the
units of the phonon linewidth, specifically within the elph.gamma* output in
Quantum ESPRESSO.

Could you kindly confirm whether the units of the phonon linewidth in
elph.gamma* are expressed in THz? I have been using the formula ??qv = ??qv /
(??hN(EF)??qv^2) to calculate the electron-phonon coupling constant for a
specific mode, and I obtained a value of 28 for ??qv. I would appreciate your
expertise in assessing the reasonableness of this result.

Your guidance on this matter would be immensely valuable to my research, and I
thank you in advance for your time and assistance.

Best regards,

zhouchao