Dear Quantum ESPRESSO Community,

I hope this email finds you well. I am writing to seek assistance regarding an
issue I have encountered while performing phonon dispersion calculations for a
photodoped Bulk MoS2 using Quantum ESPRESSO version 7.2.

To provide some context, I have successfully executed vc-relax calculations and
subsequent phonon calculations on a grid point for Bulk MoS2. However, when
attempting to run q2r.x, I encountered the following error:

"Error in routine init (1):
q not allowed"

Interestingly, when I conducted similar calculations for monolayer MoS2, I
successfully obtained the phonon dispersion without any issues.

Despite attempting to troubleshoot by adjusting grid points, the error
persists. For your reference, I have attached the input files I utilized for
these calculations.

I am reaching out to the community in the hope that someone may have insights
or suggestions on how to resolve this specific issue. Has anyone else faced a
similar challenge with phonon dispersion calculations for bulk systems in QE
7.2? Your guidance and expertise would be invaluable.

Best regards,

Mukhtar Lawan

Doctoral Student at the Theory group of Prof. Dr. Angel Rubio,

Max Planck Institute for Structure and Dynamics of Matter,

Luruper Chaussee 149, 22761 Hamburg, Germany

mukhtar.la...@mpsd.mpg.de