Hello users,

I have done some calculations using QE (used pw.x, dos.x, bands.x, pp.x). I want to make sure that my results are reproducible. In this case, which data files should I keep forever? So far I am keeping all the data files in the outdir directory. I noticed that inside the outdir, I have another prefix.save directory where I have several files in .hdf5 format for up and down wave functions (wfcup*.hdf5 and wfcdw*.hdf5). I guess these are the wave function which I will keep. But I also see that in some outdir, I have N number of prefix.wfc* files where N is the number of processor I used. These files are generated not after relax or scf calculation I guess but after nscf calculation or dos.x post-processing, probably. What is the difference between these two type of files? and which ones should be stored forever to assure reproducibility? I am using version 7.2 for calculation using 56 cores and 7.3 for post-processing (dos.x/pp.x) using 10 cores.

Sincerely,
Abdul Muhaymin,
Graduate student,
Institute of nanotechnology and material science,
National nanotechnology research center,
Bilkent University, Ankara.