Dear QE Developers and Users

I am currently working on a project in which I must study the properties of
materials with point defects, among the calculations that I must perform is the
calculation of the zpl, in some publications and in messages of this forum, I
have read that it is possible to make such a calculation with QE, but I have
had some difficulties with the systems in which I am working, I explain below:
The ZPL calculation, requires identifying the orbitals participating in the
excitation process and setting the occupancy of those orbitals (occupancion =
'from_input', occupancies in card "OCCUPATIONS"). Then minimize energy and
geometry using the DeltaSCF method. But this calculation requires that the
order of the orbitals is not altered, for example, the orbital 123 at the
beginning of the minimization process (electronic and geometrical) should
correspond with the orbital 123 at the end of the minimization (the projection
of the badan at the defect site should be the same at the beginning and end of
the calculation) , however in the calculations that I perform this does not
happen, the orbitals change order and the total energy has an oscillatory
behavior, because of this I can not optimize the geometry of the excited state.
I was reviewing the manual and I did not find any keywork that maintains the
order of the orbitals during the whole minimization process. I would like to
know if there is any way to modify the source code of the program so that it
does not alter the order of the orbitals?

Best regards

Dani Marin
PhD Student
National University of Colombia