On Wed, May 3, 2023 at 7:43 PM Takashi Kajinami <tkaji...@redhat.com> wrote:

> On Wed, May 3, 2023 at 11:56 PM Alfredo Moralejo Alonso <
> amora...@redhat.com> wrote:
>
>> ==============================
>> #rdo: RDO meeting - 2023-05-03
>> ==============================
>>

>> Meeting started by amoralej at 14:08:50 UTC.  The full logs are
>> available at
>>
>> https://meetings.opendev.org/meetings/rdo_meeting___2023_05_03/2023/rdo_meeting___2023_05_03.2023-05-03-14.08.log.html
>> .
>>

>> Meeting summary
>> ---------------
>>
>> * Migrate puppet to puppet8  (amoralej, 14:28:41)
>>   * puppet 8 was released and upstream puppet openstack project is
>>     trying to move to it  (amoralej, 14:29:07)
>>   * LINK: https://review.opendev.org/q/topic:puppet8  (amoralej,
>>     14:29:41)
>>   * as soon as upstream moves to puppet 8 we will start working in
>>     updating puppet on RDO  (amoralej, 14:30:22)
>>

> I don't think we can complete migration to puppet 8 very soon.

Thanks for the update

> This is mainly because puppet 8 requires Ruby > 3.1 but the default ruby
> version
> in CentOS 9 Stream is 3.0. Ruby 3.1 is available in the ruby:3.1 module
> but I'm not
> too sure we want to depend on that module now. We probably have to wait
> until
> the default ruby version is bumped in CentOS 9 Stream.

As per rhel9 lifecycle [1] my understanding is that ruby 3.1 will never be
the default version in CentOS Stream 9 and will always be consumed as a
module. I'll put a low priority task to check what rubygems are required
and if we have what we need for puppet8 in case we want to update.

Best regards,

Alfredo

[1]
https://access.redhat.com/support/policy/updates/rhel-app-streams-life-cycle