As far as I can tell, futurist is still used by multiple projects so
it is required in Caracal.

I checked the RDO repo and its caracal contents contains the python3-futurist
package actually exists.

https://trunk.rdoproject.org/centos9-caracal/component/common/26/d9/26d95c182c479f5ab12386289420e1688b3c7986_63a94771/
python3-futurist-3.0.0-0.20240313181506.4e14db5.el9.noarch.rpm

However the SIG repo in centos provides a much older version. I suspect that
there might be some problems with sync process between RDO and CentOS.

https://mirror.stream.centos.org/SIGs/9-stream/cloud/x86_64/openstack-caracal/Packages/p/
python3-futurist-2.3.0-3.el9s.noarch.rpm

I'm adding rdo user mailing list, assuming people subscribing the list may have
better idea about potential causes.