On Thu, 24 Jun 2010 15:43:04 -0700, Arne Berglund  wrote:

Still
beating my head against the wall on getting virtuser_file to work. I
have checked out a new SVN copy (currently 3785), built a brand new
database, and the only plugin enabled is virtuser_file. No luck. I have
the plugin set to pull from a local file on the same server as RC is
running. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--

I have still been
unable to get the virtuser_file plugin to work, and I really need to

Here is my situation - RC connects to
an external IMAP server (sendmail/dovecot). We have 14 different domains
on that single server, but all use a shared namespace. The domain of the
IMAP server is not the same as any of the 14 domains in use, and because
of the shared namespace, many of the email addresses in use do not share
the username.

Example:

        * The server is at hidden.domain.net
        * My
username (limited to 8 chars) is aberglun
        * My email address
is]arne.bergl...@public.domain1.net

But when logging in for the first
time, RC constructs the email address in my identity as
aberg...@hidden.domain.net.

I have a copy of the sendmail virtusertable
flat file on the RC server, and have pointed the plugin at that file.
The file is in the format of:

arne.bergl...@public.domain1.net
aberglun

I can find no evidence that the virtuser lookup is even
happening. But can't say for certain that it's not, either.

Is it
possible that the virtuser_file plugin can't be used for my particular
scenario?

--
Arne Berglund
System Administrator, Internet