On 10-08-12 04:28 PM, Arne Berglund wrote:
On Thu, 12 Aug 2010 15:11:56 -0700, Kaz Kylheku  wrote:

Pardon me for being an annoying ass here, but using a web mail client as an
autoresponder is a silly idea.

Like, okay, you're going to leave your client box running with your browser
open and logged into your RoundCube while you go on vacation just so that
it could auto respond? That just seems wrong. If Rube Goldberg had designed
a vacation auto-responder, this would be it!

Time for you to do some research before you deride other people. The vacation (autoresponder) plugin is simply a frontend for server-based mail extensions such as the sendmail vactation extension. The web client sets up the autoresponder, and then the server handles it all. Reliable and well-established.

--

Arne Berglund
System Administrator, Internet Services
BT/cd765bee
I am googling and RTFMing now and any help will be appreciated.

--
Jian Gao
IT Administrator