hoa...@mail.ciid.cz.cc put forth on 9/30/2010 1:29 AM:
>> hoa...@mail.ciid.cz.cc put forth on 9/29/2010 11:22 PM:
>>> Here's my out put when running TOP or FREE:
>>>
>>> top - 11:16:52 up 2 days, 53 min,  2 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.00,
>>> 0.00
>>> Tasks: 144 total,   1 running, 143 sleeping,   0 stopped,   0 zombie
>>> Cpu(s):  2.0%us,  0.3%sy,  0.0%ni, 97.7%id,  0.0%wa,  0.0%hi,  0.0%si,
>>> 0.0%st
>>> Mem:    904020k total,   754172k used,   149848k free,   105632k buffers
>>> Swap:  2097144k total,       72k used,  2097072k free,   390776k cached
>>>
>>> ---------------------------
>>>
>>> [r...@localhost ~]# free
>>>              total       used       free     shared    buffers
>>> cached
>>> Mem:        904020     753852     150168          0     105784
>>> 390820
>>> -/+ buffers/cache:     257248     646772
>>> Swap:      2097144         72    2097072
>>
>> The Linux kernel heavily caches disk blocks.  The bulk of your memory
>> usage is in buffers/cache as with most Linux systems.  Execute the
>> following commands and look at the top row of the 'free' column.
>>
>> $ echo 3 > /proc/sys/vm/drop_caches
>> $ free -m
>>
>> Your system is not low on memory at this point.  The kernel will drop
>> memory from the cache and free it for processes when the need arises.
>> If you add 100 concurrent users to RC, far more of your memory will be
>> consumed by processes and less by cache.
>>
>> Again, your current slow RC response is due to something in the software
>> stack on the server, or more likely, the client PC.  What are the specs
>> of the client PC hardware and software?  This is relevant due to the
>> java processing on the client.  If your client PC/OS/Browser is slow, it
>> won't matter how fast the server is responding.

> Thank you!
> I'm analyzing my software stack at this moment. I will update you the last
> result later.
> BRs/ Hoan.

It may speed this process up tremendously if you'd create a test account
and post the credentials on the RC list, along with the URL of the
server.  With a few of us logging in and seeing first hand how it
performs, we may be able to narrow down the problem pretty quickly,
saving all of us a bit of time with all the back/forth emails.

--
Stan