hello,

On 10/11/2011 11:17 AM, Tobias Hachmer wrote:

> Why is there a need for a package at all? It is quite down to earth to
> install roundcube by hand.
> The INSTALL,UPGRADE files are also self explained.

maybe because if it's packaged and well mainained you have an automatic
update of roundcube when you update the operating system :-)

the biggest problem I have installing roundcube in production
environments is that we have not a long term supported stable version (a
version patched against bugs, but without adding new features).

this is sad, because I think roundcube is the best webmail available, it
has all the features I want in a webmail and it is also userfriendly and
grafically actractive!

I hope linux distributions start maintaining stable releases of
roundcube to use on this environments, so this package is a *great* idea!

--
bye,
emilio