By default an upgrade will mark these packages (bar mysql-common) as
kept-back. You'll have to use apt-get install instead of apt-get upgrade
( -V to show the actual version numbers it'll upgrade) :-
# apt-get -V install  mysql-common mysql-client mysql-server

Upgraded from :
   mysql-client-5.1 (5.1.58-1~dotdeb.1)
   mysql-server-5.1 (5.1.58-1~dotdeb.1)
   mysql-server-core-5.1 (5.1.58-1~dotdeb.1)

Upgraded to:
 mysql-common              5.5.17-1~dotdeb.1
 mysql-client-5.5              5.5.17-1~dotdeb.1
 mysql-server-5.5            5.5.17-1~dotdeb.1

( repos available from www.dotdeb.org )

No problems that I can see with RC (nor SA Postfix Dovecot).

Tested:
Sending Email (SMTP) (and checked that Email was received)
Reading Email in various folders (IMAP)
Editing AddressBook
Creating new entry in AddressBook
Exporting AddressBook
Personal Settings tab: Added Signature to Identify
                        Folders  (    Click to get folder size )

Not a very in depth test, but enough for me to see that it works.

--
        Email  simon AT klunky DOT co DOT uk
        PGP is optional: 4BA78604