Hi,

In my system I have multiple domains with many users, all set up in mysql.
MTA is served by Exim 4, Backend and IMAP is handled by dovecot 2.0.

Some of my users have mail aliases, what means that for example j...@test.com
is able to log in also  as jo...@test.com as well as j...@williams.com. All
these
accounts lead to the same mailbox, and check the password for the same
basic user, which is j...@test.com.

And everything works fine, until they log in to roundcube. Lightweight issue is
that
settings are separate for each email that they used to log in - annoying, but
you could
live with it. But another thing is much worse: when users set up sieve rules in
roundcube,
these settings are also separate for each mail alias - what is hardly
acceptable. But what
is absolutely unacceptable is the fact, that actually only rules set up for the
basic account
(j...@test.com) are working. This is quite understandable, since dovecot during
delivery
checks the basic account sieve file instead of checking all possible variants :)

Now I'd like to find out if there is any solution for repairing this.
Dovecot, for example, uses its user_query and password_query, that always
return the
same no matter which credentials were used to log in.
Maybe there is a way for roundcube to identify user not by credentials but by
eg. inbox path?
That would help a lot...

Am I the only one who needs such functionality?

Greetings,
--
Jacek