On Nov 11, 2012, at 4:09 AM, roundcube <m...@roundcube.fakessh.eu> wrote:

> different config from managesieve port is only a part of dovecot config
>
> Le 2012-11-10 20:31, Jordi Llonch a écrit :
>> Hello,
>>
>> I am using Fedora17 and a rpm version of roundcube.
>>
>> On this rpm packaging, configuration main.inc.php and db.inc.php are
>> both stored in /etc/roundcubemail/
>>
>> Also, I use the managesieve plugin and I have to modify the plugin
>> port from 2000 to 4190 in the plugin configuration setting
>> (/usr/share/roundcubemail/plugins/managesieve/config.inc.php)
>>
>> As the RPM package updates from time to time, the config.inc.php gets
>> overridden.
>>
>> I have without success to set the port in the main.inc.php.
>>
>> Is there a standard way or a best practice to
>> set $rcmail_config['managesieve_port'] = 4190; in
>> /etc/roundcube/..... that allows to override any previous setting?

Ive always wondered why the managesieve plugin uses 2000. Iana defines the
default port as 4190, and dovecot uses that default port. But, the fedora
package is broken if it overwrites the config file.

You can  just add $rcmail_config['managesieve_port'] = 4190;  to
/etc/roundcubemail, and comment out that line in the plugin directory. But
you'll have the same problem, a new package will overwrite the plugin config
file and remove the comments.

I guess the only option (besides fixing the rpm) is to make your own plugin
that sets config options, and load that plugin last. That's only a few lines of
code, trivial really.

Cor